Wednesday 17 July 2013

Ruby, Ruby, Ruby, Ruby...

Hiya folks! I just can't get that song by the Kaiser Chiefs out of my head... it's what made me chose the new challenge theme over at Pollycraft Challenges today... RUBY RED! Also RUBY is the birthstone for July. Here's my card, using Shelby from the Lil Dumplings range at Pollycraft...
We'd like to see RED as the dominant colour in your creations this fortnight. Red isn't a colour I use a lot of... it kind of scares me when I colour with it lol! I coloured her with Promarkers... I thought I'd give her red hair too... so I hope she's used Factor 50 sunscreen with her complexion! I really enjoyed doing this little card (it's 4"x4" so dinky), and I used paper scraps from my scrap box. The little bikini I have had FOREVER... I thought it was perfect for my card. If you join in the Pollycraft Challenge, you could get your hands on a £10 voucher for a shopping spree at Pollycraft Digital Stamps! There's also a Craft for Credit scheme that Paula is running, you can find the details HERE! What are you waiting for? Stuck for ideas? Pop by the challenge blog and check out all the ruby red lovelies my teamies have made!

8 comments:

coops said...

so gorgeous shelly.fabulous colours and I love the adorable image :D

xx coops xx

Cazza said...

This is fabulous Shelly, love the bikini! Oh and the song.....great minds think alike lol!! :o)
Hugs,
Cazza
x

Catherine said...

This is sooooo sweet Shelly ! The little bikini is adorable ! Hugs, blessings and love from Catherine

Carol S. said...

Hi Shelly, This is gorgeous, the image is so cute. Love the colours and the design. Hugs, Carol S.xx

Lorraine said...

This is gorgeous Shelly. The image is adorable and I love the little bikini embellies, so sweet!
Lorraine x

Lau W said...

Coucou Shelly ! Ta carte est adorable,l'image est trop mignonne et superbement colorisée ! J'aime le bikini, quelle superbe idée !!
Bisous bien chauds, avec le temps merveilleux que nous avons, j'en profite au maximum...oups et j'en délaisse un peu mon blog...

Faye Wynn-Jones said...

I love that song too. Your challenge and your card are absolute crackers. I love the little bikini embellie. Too cute. Have a wonderful weekend. Hope you don't have to shift too much more hay. Love ya xx

Nazeema Calypso Thompson said...

Michelle, Oh how I love your card! Shelby's ruby bathing suit and slippers are super adorable. Hope you are having a great week.