Saturday 26 February 2011

A Scrap Affair

Hi all! Well, I have to say I have been MIA a little lately, I went away for a long weekend break (retail therapy in the UK) with hubby but ended up being really sick, I'm not sure if it was food poisoning or a nasty bug but it had to be something bad to stop me shopping!!! I think hubby was secretly pleased I had no interest in going out and spending money! I actually passed out on the ferry coming back to France, and all those lovely perfumes were waiting for me to go and visit them :( Oh well, I'll have to organise another trip to make up for that one!

I just thought I'd tell you about a new online craft store that's due to open very soon... it's called A Scrap Affair! Nadia, who is setting up the store, asked me if I'd be on her Design Team and I was happy to agree so here's one of my first cards done with one of the images that will be available at The Scrap Affair Store. This little fella is from the 'Friends & Chuck the Rat' series! He's coloured with Promarkers... just one point... I'm using genuine Epson ink in my printer as this is a digi image, and I've found that the Epson ink bleeds when using Promarkers no matter how long I leave it to dry... anyone got any ideas how to fix this, apart from changing ink? The papers are from Stampin' Up.

I'm entering my card for the following challenges...
Aud Sentiments... Trendy Sayings
Colour Create... Fruits (orange, passion fruit, water melon)
Stamptacular Sunday Challenge... SOS (Someone Special... For my friend who sent me a lovely surprise this week)

Well, hubby is watching the rugby, England vs France... so World War 3 might break out soon if we win (come on England)!

17 comments:

Always with a Sentiment said...

Hiya Shelly, how are you doing. I love your bright and very cheery card. Fab papers, cute image and I love the corners.
Well, good news, England won the rugby, yeah. Happy crafting sweetie.
Lots of love, Sandra xxx

Vicky said...

Gorgeous card shelly and I love the bright colours ~ so need it at the mo, it's so dark and wet!!

Sorry to hear you were poorly too, no shopping?? wow you must of been bad lol!

Regarding ink, no idea but I have an hp printer and when I put in a new cartridge my digi stamps were bleeding too until I used the ink a few times! I don't know why, maybe it's to wet when first used!!??

and off course you can enter the candy, I will send it to your mams if you win :o)

God I have written an essay lol, so I'm off before you go to sleep hehehe,

hugs Vicky xx

Anne-Marie said...

Fabby card! Love the colours, too.
As for stopping ink bleeding, I find that blasting with my heat gun for a few seconds, as soon as it comes out of the printer, usually does the trick. Good luck :).

Donna said...

Scrummy card hun, I love the bright cheery colours and the gorgeous textures you have used! So sorry to hear you and hubby have been poorly...poor you on the ferry coming home...must have been frightening for you :( Donna x

Donna said...

Ooops sorry Shelly...I meant to say congrats on your new DT position...hope you have lots of fun :) Donna x

Donna said...

....and thirdly...I have an Epson printer and use compatible ink carts bought cheaply off Ebay...I haven't suffered any bleeding with my PM's...maybe its the card you are using? The card I use is from Crafty Emma's...let me know if you'd like the link or I can send you a couple of sheets to try before you buy :) Donna x

Lau W said...

Coucou Shelly ! Yeah, vive l'angleterre :-) hihi ! J'espère que ton mari a tout de même apprécié le match :-)
OMG, pas de shopping si j'ai bien compris ? oh non c'est trop injuste !
En ce qui concerne l'encre de l'imprimante, je ne saurais t'aider, il faut vraiment laisser sécher ton digi une fois imprimé, mais parfois l'encre "bave" alors il faut recommencer :-(
Oh, félicitations pour la DT, bravo !
Gros bisous !

Lau W said...

Oups, je n'ai pas mis de commentaires à propos de ta carte, sorry !
Elle est superbe, je trouve ce tampon très chou trop mignon ! Les couleurs sont jolies, vibrantes, j'adore !
Bon week-end mon amie, j'espère que ton mari n'est plus malade !
Bisous

Delphine said...

Hello Shelly! Congratulations on your new DT spot, and your card is gorgeous! I love the fantastic colours and great image! Thank you for your lovely comment too:-). I hope you are better and are having a nice weekend... Gros bisous Delphine xx

Betty Wright said...

Shelly, this is lovely! Thanks so much for playing with us this week at Stamptacular Sunday Challeges!

Catherine said...

Oh Sweetie, I am so sorry to hear you haven't been well... Don't worry about your missed shopping on the ferry, the prices are not really a lot lower than in the shops, I can assure you ! Your card is gorgeous, I love those colours ! Take good care of yourself ! Lots of hugs and love from La Chic !

Audrey said...

What an adorable card. I love all the embellishments. Thanks for joining us at Aud Sentiments.

Julie said...

Cute card. Thanks for joining us at Aud Sentiments
Hugs,
Julie

Ruthie said...

So cute - love that image!

Thanks for joining in the fun at Aud Sentiments

Rx

Di said...

Hi Hun
Fab card is this a nut with icing on?? cute image! thanks for joining colour create!
how awful about you being so ill on the ferry poor you! hope your better now, and as for the ink running i have an epson printer and the inka always runs with promarkers and ditress inks. I use copics which are just fine. The way i have used distress inks with this ink is to print on watercolour paper( make sure its not too thick for your printer) i havent got promarkers so cant help there but its the base of the ink thats the problem. Have you tried heat setting?
Hugs Di xxxxz

Sharon said...

Hi Shelly,

Beautiful bright card! I love the pretty corners, the buttons and this is such a cute image :)
Hope you'll soon be feeling much better and congratulations on your new DT position!

Thanks for joining us at Colour Create for the the Fruity Challenge!

Sharon x

Dragonlady said...

Hi there

great card love the colours. Thanks for playing at Aud Sentiments.

Hugs Ali x