Monday 14 February 2011

Cupcake Craft Challenge 129 - I {heart} you

Happy Valentine's Day!


Hello to all you craft lovers out there! Well, did you get any mushy Valentine's cards? Any marriage proposals? Well whatever, have a Happy Valetine's Day!

Ok, today at Cupcake Craft Challenge it's my turn to choose our theme so to tie in with Valentine's Day I've chosen I {heart} you for this week's challenge, which basically means we want to see HEARTS on your crafty creations! I've made two DT cards for this challenge, I got carried away with the mushyness! My first card (above) is done using a lovely Heather Ellis digi image from the Pure Innocence collection, coloured with Promarkers. The paper is from Wild Rose Studio, and the cute sentiment stamp is from Taylored Expressions. I've added some heart embellishments to finish off!

Challenges I'm entering with my I {heart you} card:
Fab n Funky - Tempting Textures
Passion For Promarkers - Let There Be Love
Stamp Something - Something For Your Valentine

Now onto my second card (below)... as we're sponsored this week at Cupcake by Lori Designs I've made this card using this super cute Ella the Elephant digi, again coloured with Promarkers. The paper is K & Co, heart is from a Sizzix die and the sentiment reads 'Don't forget that I love you more than anything'... I thought it went well with the Elephant theme lol! I've also used some white netting (I'm liking this can you tell lol)... I think it looks sweet with the little charm?! There's a few hearts here again!

Challenges I'm entering with my 'Dont't Forget' card:
Stampin For The Weekend - St Valentine's Day
Creative Card Crew - For A Loved One
The Craft Pad - Hearts

This week you could win a $10 Gift Certificate to spend in the Lori Designs store, and don't forget the Icing on the Cupcake prize which this month is a fab £15 Gift Voucher from Crafts U Love! And not forgetting that you could be in our Top 5! Now the other Cupcakes have put their HEARTS (sorry couldn't resist) into making some super projects for you to feast your eyes on, please pop by and show them some love!

Well I hope you get to spend some quality time with the person you love today!

18 comments:

debby4000 said...

Gorgeous Shelly, love them.
luv
Debby

Catherine said...

Your two cards are gorgeous Sweetie ! I simply adore your embellishments ! Love the sentiment in french ! Cool ! Lots of hugs and love from La Chic !

Cherie said...

Hi Shelly, Just hopped over from Cupcake to say how much I love your cards. So much so I just had to go and grab some of the darling little girls.
Your colouring is wonderful and super embelishments.
Thanks for the inspiration.
Hugs cherie

Lau W said...

OH les 2 cartes ont très belles, l'éléphant est trop adorable ! J'aime beaucoup l'expression, magnifique ! J'adore tous les petits coeurs !
Bonne journée !

Scrap Affair said...

Shelly, they are both AMAZING!
embelisshments, coloring-superb
zI only wish I coul read french ;)

coops said...

stunning card shelly.i love the fab image and your colours and details are gorgeous.
thanks for joining us this week at PFP :D

xx coops xx

Delphine said...

2 cards, well done, Shelly:-)! And they are both gorgeous! The images are lovely, your papers and embellies very pretty and I love the black lines around your images, looks really nice! Hugs Delphine xx

The Crafty Den said...

Hi Shelly, long time no visit - sorry!! I have the best intentions but they don't always work out :( I will try harder I promise!! Gorgeous cards, especially the Heather Ellis one. Your colouring is fab and love the embellishments. Hugs, Denise x
oops nearly forgot why I was here - thanks for joining us at PFP this week!!

Kat said...

What sweet cards Shelly. Love your entry for the TG challenge and thanks for joining us.

Kat x

Susan Hogan said...

Love that pink elephant! And yes, the sentiment goes well with it! Beautiful cards, all of them.

Cheryl said...

Gorgeous cards! I love how you used the tulle on both.

Donna said...

Both of your cards are adorable Shelly...the little ribbon slider on the 1st card is so cute and I love hoy you have used the netting and little hearts. Your 2nd card is uber cute, I've not seen the Sizzix hearts before..so unusual! We've had a fairly quiet Valentine's evening...its bit difficult being romantic with a 16 year old and a 10 year old loitering lol! I got my watermark from Whimsy Stamps...very cheap I thought and fast service too...here's their link : http://whimsystamps.com/store/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=20

Faye said...

Oh Minxie, I love, love, love both these wonderful cards. All the little details are gorgeous. Have a great week Sweets. xxx

Lindsey said...

Fab cards Shelly! Love the tulle and your colouring is amazing!

Linds x

aqualeiga said...

Ah, both cards are wonderful, and BOTH fit our challenge this week!! So glad you joined us at THE CRAFTY PAD this week. Hugs, Ali x

Agnieszka M said...

Shelly, your card is stunning! I love your colours!
Thanks for joining us at CCC this week and good luck!
Hugs
Agnieszka

Gro said...

Gorgeous card. Thanks for joining us at PfP :o)

~♥~The Navy Wife~♥~ said...

These are both beautiful! I love the use of the tulle and the images are just sooo sweet! Thanks for playing along with us at The Crafty Pad ‘Hearts’ challenge this week. Hope to see you again on Sunday for a new challenge, & wishing you good luck in the random draw for the Creative Craft World goodies up for grabs :) The Navy Wife