Monday 12 October 2009

Bows, Buttons and a Stitch or Two

Hello on this sunny Monday afternoon! Ok, I'm going to have to calm down as I've just experienced a bit of road rage! Without going into too many details, I've just had a 38 tonner right up my ar*e, beeping and flashing his lights as I wasn't going fast enough for him (despite the fact that I was doing the speed limit on that road). So when he finally overtook me, he got stuck behind the next car and tried to overtake them on a bend, what is it with these people!

Changing the subject to a more calming one, here's a little card I made for Penny Black Saturday Challenge (Buttons and Bows) and Cupcake Craft Challenges (Buttons and Stitching)...


The image and sentiment are both Penny Black, I've coloured the cute kitties with Promarkers. The scallops were done with a SU border punch, and I punched holes with my Big Bite to thread the ribbon through. The ribbon is from my friend Tracy, thanks hun! The paper is K & Co "Sparkly Sweet". I've added three little buttons to fit with the challenge.

Right, off to make myself a cuppa to calm my nerves!

9 comments:

Always with a Sentiment said...

Hiya Shelly. Glad you are ok, some drivers have no respect at all.
Your card is delightful, beautiful colours and the design layout is fab.Finished off with such a fun, cute image.
Love Sandra xx

Always with a Sentiment said...

Hi again Shelly. Thank you for your message, its really kind of you. I have got the Freebie from Creative cottage (SPOOK-TACULAR). Have made a card, but havnt put it on yet. Will do it tonight. Hope you like it.
Love Sandra xx

Mel X said...

Hi Shelly, I'm glad you're ok too! Some drivers think they own the roads!!
Love your card, great image and colours.

Mel X

Kath Stewart said...

super cute card shelly gorgeous papers and great use of your buttons and bows...thanks for joining in the fun this week at PBSC...hugs kath xxxx

Squirrel x said...

Ooh Shelly! This is just soooooooo damn cute hun! Love those cats, and your ribbon threading is fab. Great colour scheme too. Just brilliant hun. Squirrel xx PS. Shortbread biscuits now available LOL!

debby4000 said...

Oh this is gorgeous, love the sweet image and what a fab way to use the ribbon.
luv
Debby

CraftyC said...

Stunning card Shelly and coloured to purr-fection!
Clairex

Louby said...

Aaahhh Shelley put some whiskey in that tea - there aren't half some idiots on the roads ( home and abroad). Love the card, the colours on the cats are superb.
Louby x

Desire Fourie said...

Shelly this is gorgeous. Love the cute image and the threaded ribbon.
Hugs
Desire