Friday 14 August 2009

Vacation (Holiday to us Brits) Somethings

Another week gone, I can't believe we're almost halfway through August already! Friday of course is the Stamp Something Challenge and this week the theme is "Vacation Somethings". Self explanitory really, you have to create something with a holiday theme...


I wasn't sure what to do at first, but then I remembered this paper I had from K & Co which went perfectly with the little camping themed stamps. So basically I used the paper as a backgroud, then I stamped the images individually and cut them out. I layered them together using 3D foam pads to create a little scene. The little compass was stamped onto shrink plastic and heated to make it in proportion, I think it's kinda cute! And as I'm very into charms at the minute, so I thought I'd add one of those too!

Pop over to the Stamp Something blog to see all the other DT creations, and to check out the fab prize on offer. 3 sets of clear stamps to the lucky winner!

11 comments:

Lynn said...

Love your summer adventure card! Nice job cutting all the images out and that paper is perfect!

Giovana said...

Love your card!!
God bless
Giovana

~Denise Lynn~ said...

Love this card Shelly! Great use of those stamps and the papers and embellies work perfectly. :)

katy said...

A really clever card Shelly, lovely x

My Creative Outlet by Janna said...

I love this card, Shelly! I love the images with that paper! Perfect!

Janna :)

Joey said...

Hiya Shelly

fantastic card, love that you matched the image colours up so perfectly with the paper!

Joey.xxx

sylvie said...

Encore de bien belles cartes depuis mon dernier passage sur le blog.
Cette dernière "voyage" est géniale.
Amicalement.
Sylvie

katy said...

Bonjour, tis moi again :) merci beacoup for the lovely comment earlier...only french i can recall, hated my french teacher, lol... i can highly recommend Bristol board Shelly, it's great for both Copics/Promarkers and Prisma's or the Koh pencils i got recently...did you see them on my blog, whatta bargain ! It's really smooth paper so it's fab for blending pencils but also seems not to drink up the ink from pens sooooo much. I got some a while back from my local art shop...hounding him to get more, it was very cheap in comparison to other places. Had to buy my last pad off Ebay i was so desperate, not so cheap but worth it, hth Shelly, enjoy your weekend x

debby4000 said...

Fabulous card, love the papers and images.
luv
Debby

debby4000 said...

Fabulous card, love the papers and images.
luv
Debby

Lisa H. said...

what a fun card. love the paper and all the camping images.