Friday 21 August 2009

Birthday Somethings!

Firstly, thanks for all your lovely comments about my cheesecake, sorry it's all been eaten. The recipe was from the Somerfield Magazine (August) if anyone is interested. Ok, back to the cards. It's almost the weekend so time for this week's Stamp Something Challenge which is "Birthday Somethings", easy peasy!!! I did my card last week as it was my O/H's Birthday, so an excuse to make a card (like I need an excuse)...


I've used a Penny Black image that was kindly sent to me by a friend, coloured with Pro Markers. I have to say I'm enjoying using my Pro Markers, and for someone who struggled when I got my first few, I finding them hard to put down now! My poor Distress Inks will need a dust soon lol! The paper I used is Basic Grey Cupcake, not their newest pad but I like it! The little sentiment is a stamp from Cuddly Buddly.

There's a prize on offer for the challenge, so why not have a go, I'm sure you'll be able to put your card to good use afterwards! Pop over to the Stamp Something blog to check out all the DT creations. Looking forward to seeing your Birthday themed projects!

7 comments:

Kevin Renz said...

Hi Shelly,

Wow... that's a lot of candles on that cake :) Love all your little embellishments and accents.

The Crafty Den said...

Hi Shelly, what a gorgeous card. I love the image and your colouring is fab. The BG paper is lovely (I don't think they've ever made a bad pad!!).
Thanks for your lovely comments on my PFP card. I'm not sure what colours you already have but I use my cinnamon and cocoa lots for hair and also ivory and blush for skin. I think it's personal preference for other colours. Have you seen the new ones coming out mid-September? Lots of lovely pinks yummy! Speak soon, Denise x

Jenni said...

What a cute image - my birthday cake would have to look like that - far too many candles these days!!
Jenni x

Bev said...

Such a fabby card Shelly, love the cute image and gorgeous colours x

Simone said...

What a funny and fabulous card!
Simone

Erin... said...

Love, love, love it!!! Great colors, adorable image and what fabulous details!!!!!

Lisa H. said...

soooo cute! what a great image. love the colors you used,too!