Tuesday 26 August 2008

Santa Spotting! Friday Sketchers Sketch # 16

Yesterday I received my new Penny Black stamp that I ordered from Happy Stampers (who are great, so efficient etc etc...and they post to France for free!!!), it's called Santa Spotting! I wasn't going to buy more Xmas stamps but he's just so cute, plus I think he can do more than just Xmas (if you leave out the stocking). I've followed the sketch from this week's Friday Sketchers, which I think is a great base for any type of card. I wanted to try various ways of colouring so I've done 2 similar cards, one using watercolour paints and the other using Whispers brush markers blended with a Whispers brushmarker blending pen (first time I've done this). I've photographed the colouring close up so you can see the difference. I think my fav is still the paints but I like the effect the pens give too. This is the one using watercolours...




And the one using the brush markers...




I used:
Penny Black stamp "Santa Spotting"
Sentiment stamp from See D's
Papers from Dovecraft
Watercolour paints
Whispers Brush Markers
Rest is from stash

7 comments:

Michele Roos said...

Gorgeous card, love the image and the colour combo. Michele x

Crafting Queen said...

Just stunning, love how you coloured you images. Love your cat in the title banner!

Annie said...

two fabulous christmas cards with such a cute PB teddy image. annie x

Anonymous said...

Beautiful cards, it's nice to see the difference between the colouring techniques. Thanks for trying my sketch and for joining us at friday sketchers.
Carole ;o)

ella bella said...

gorgeous card love the image he is so cute and you have coloured him beautifully
hope your having a great week
Tracy x

Vicki said...

Both cards are truly gorgeous, your colouring is fab and what a cutie image. I have to agree with you, Happy Stampers are a fab company to order from xx vicki xx

Diane.W. said...

Hi Shelly!Both cards are luvly.cute stamp.
I have given you an award on my blog!!! :o)x